LYC Open Evenings October 2022
Come and see what LYC is all about!
Our October 2022 Open Evenings are for absolutely everyone who would like to come and see what LYC is all about, and to find out what we offer. We actively welcome prospective members and their families from all backgrounds and levels of musical experience (you don’t need to come from a ‘musical family’ to join LYC) – and are also delighted to meet teachers and music education professionals.
Monday 17 October
4.45-8.45pm, City of London School, 107 Queen Victoria St, London EC4V 3AL
- LYC Junior Boys: school years 3-6 (4.45-5.55pm)
- LYC Junior Girls: school years 3-6 (4.45-5.55pm)
- LYC Cambiata Boys: school years 7-11 (6.15-7.25pm)
- LYC Cambiata Girls: school years 7-11 (6.15-7.25pm)
- LYC Chamber Choir: school year 11 to age 23 (6.00-7.15pm)
- London Youth Choir: school year 11 to age 23 (7.30-8.45pm)
Visitors to this workshop will also be able to meet musicians working in the classical Indian tradition, led by Shruthi Rajasekar, who are workshopping new music with London Youth Choir from 7.30-8.45pm.
Wednesday 19 October
4.30-5.30pm, Streatham & Clapham High School 42 Abbotswood Rd, London SW16 1AW
- LYC South West: For children in school years 3-6 who live in Streatham and surrounding areas of South West London (4.30-5.30pm)
Thursday 20 October
4.30-5.30pm, St Barnabas Church Hall Ealing, Pitshanger Lane, London W5 1QG
- LYC West: For children in school years 3-6 who live in Ealing and surrounding areas of West London (4.30-5.30pm)s
4.30-5.30pm, City Hope Church, Bermondsey, 121 Drummond Rd, London SE16 2JY
- LYC South East: For children in school years 3-6 who live in Southwark and surrounding areas of South East London (4.30-5.30pm)
To book free places at one or more of the Open Evenings, just click one of the links on this page. More information is below and if you’ve got any questions just get in touch.
We look forward to welcoming you!
Who is it for, who can take part?
Anyone is welcome to visit any of our Open Evenings. Check the age ranges of the choirs and the venues above to make sure that you’re going to the Open Evening that’s best for you!
Are there any charges? Do I need to bring anything?
It’s free to book places for the Open Evenings and you don’t need to bring anything special with you, it’s just an opportunity for you to see what LYC is all about.
Will there be opportunities to sing ?
There are always opportunities to sing at LYC! Any Open Evening visitors who want to join in with warm-ups will be welcome, and we may also be able to offer other opportunities to join in during the individual sessions.
I can’t make any of these Open Evenings, will you be running more?
Yes! Subscribe to our mailing list and we’ll let you know when more events like this are happening.
Got questions about these Open Evenings or can’t find the information you need? We are here to help! Email us at [email protected] or give us a call (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm) on 07388 623 178.
Meet the LYC Choirs
Want to find out more about the LYC choirs before you come to the Open Day? Over here!